The brioche is a french bread with a rich and tender crumb.
But if you want a light, soft and airy brioche for your breakfast, here is a simple recipe to make in a bread machine.
You can customize it by adding: grains of sugar, chocolate chips, apricots, raisins, prunes, ...
- Total Time: 02h 25min
- Prep Time: 02h 00min
- Cook time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 1 brioche
- Flour - 17 oz
- Warm milk - 8 fl.oz
- Egg - 1
- Sugar - 4 tablespoons
- Dry baker's yeast - 1 packet
- Salt - 1 pinch
- Butter - 2 oz, at room temperature
1. Put the following ingredients in the bowl of your breadmaker: milk, egg, flour, sugar, yeast, salt and butter to finish.
2. Launch the program "dough" of your machine. The dough will double in size.
3. Before the end of the program, preheat your oven to 140Â°F for 10 min.
4. Remove the dough from your breadmaker. On a floured work surface, work it, then divide it into 3 balls of equal size.
5. Roll each ball of dough in long strand. Next, start braiding the dough strands. To finish, place it in a loaf pan.
6. Brush the braid with the remaining milk (5 ml) and let rise about 40 minutes in the preheated oven at 140Â°F.
7. When the size of the brioche has doubled, re-brush the braid with milk and bake for 25-30 minutes at 350Â°F.